Vickie Hines About Vickie Hines Mrs. Southern States International 2013 Sponsors of Vickie Hines Contact Vickie Hines Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Meet Arnel Pineda, a true humanitarian with a larger than life vocal talent.

Four years ago, I purchased concert tickets to see the rock band, Journey, in Memphis, Tennessee.  My sister-in-law and I had second row seats, and I was thrilled to finally be seeing one of my favorite bands of all time.  I must admit, when Steve Perry did not appear on stage to sing I was somewhat stunned.  The singer was a man named Arnel Pineda.  His voice was so outstanding, I thought surely he must be lipsyncing to Steve Perry.  Well, it did not take long for me to realize it was Arnel singing, and I was shocked by his unbelieveable talent.  I would never dream anyone could fill Steve Perry's shoes, but fill them to overflowing he did.  After the show, I heard many rude and hateful comments directed toward Arnel by fans of Steve Perry, and the life coach in me kicked in.  I reached out to Arnel on Facebook, and he answered my message.  I reassured him he had the greatest singing voice I have ever heard.  As a young girl I had seen Elvis in concert, who gave me a scarf I still have, so I feel I know a GREAT talent when I see and hear one.  Arnel Pineda will go down in history as one of the greatest talents of all time.

As Arnel and I corresponded over many months, I came to learn of the School for Street Kids he was trying to develop in his home country, the Philippines.  The children who benefit from the school are innocent victims of the poverty they are born into.  Arnel knows about this because, for a while, he was a street kid himself.  I am an founding sponsor of the Arnel Pineda School for Street Kids and look forward to visiting the school in  December 2013.

The documentary detailing Arnel's life before reaching super stardom in his 40's is "Don't Stop Believing:  Everyman's Journey" which is now showing in selected theaters.  It will be available to own later this year, and I have already preordered my copy.  It is a must see.  You will be amazed by his unbelievable voice and his humble, genuine personality.  I am blessed to call him "friend".



"On behalf of the volunteers and other precious donors of APFI, and my family especially, I would like to thank you for all the unconditional support and valuable monetary donations that you, without reservation, have extended to us.  You are indeed one of our heroes and will be for the street children here in the Philippines who hugely benefit from your help.  God bless your heart, Vickie."--Arnel Pineda, March 7, 2013


Click below to see Arnel's movie trailer