Vickie Hines About Vickie Hines Mrs. Southern States International 2013 Sponsors of Vickie Hines Contact Vickie Hines Image Map

Friday, July 5, 2013

Many people ask me "Why did you decide to compete in pageants?" Here is my why.

In 2009, my family doctor ordered a series of tests on my heart and lungs.  I was experiencing shortness of breath and fatigue with even slight exertion during daily physical activities.  The tests revealed I had a slight thickening of a muscle in the lower right chamber of my heart, as well as some build up of fluid around my heart.  I was prescribed four medicines and advised to change my diet and exercise more.  Over the next five years, I began to eat healthier and exercise some.  In 2011, I had more tests on my heart, received a good report and was allowed to stop taking the heart medications.  However, fluid retention remained a problem because I was still not physically fit.  Congestive heart failure runs in my family.  My Daddy and brother battle the disease every day.  I knew, in order to get healthy and stay healthy, I had to dedicate myself to a wellness plan which included eating healthy and staying active.  Volunteering my time as a Certified Personal Crisis Life Coach for Hearts of Love International is the most important activity in my life, outside my responsibilities to my family.  Being a life coach requires mental and emotional, rather than physical exercise.  Desiring to add a dimension to my life that would encourage me to get fit but still allow me to promote Hearts of Love, I entered to compete in a Mrs. International preliminary pageant.  Mrs. International is a volunteer and community service centered pageant and also encourages health and fitness.  The American Heart Association's Go Red for Women program is Mrs. International's national platform.  Through Go Red for Women, not only have I discovered heart healthy choices for me, I share my story with countless women who struggle as I have.  The national pageant will be next month in Chicago where I will be representing the region I live and volunteer in as Mrs. Southern States International 2013.  Having dedicated myself to becoming healthier and to sharing Hearts of Love International's hope for healing message with the largest audience possible, my desire is to be an example for positive and healthy change.  See you in Chicago!


Here are a few people who are inspiring me along my journey:


My husband, Billy, stands beside me in life as well as on the stage.




Our three daughters are always an inspiration through my life as well as pageant journey.

  
Hannah Raelyn
 
 
  
 
Melanie Ann
 
 
 
 
 
Lesley Anne