Vickie Hines About Vickie Hines Mrs. Southern States International 2013 Sponsors of Vickie Hines Contact Vickie Hines Image Map

Friday, June 15, 2012

Don't Stop Believing................

My friend, Arnel Pineda (lead singer for Journey), will arrive in Los Angeles July16 to begin Journey's upcoming tour.  His rise to success is truly a Cinderella story, and he is the most humble and sweet person I have ever met.  Even though I have met with him twice, and we stay in touch by phone and Facebook, I have not taken a picture with him, so I was hoping I could get a photo to post on my blog before the pageant.  Not going to happen.  Guess where I will be July 16?  I will see Arnel and Journey in Dallas, Texas later this year, and I promise to make and post pictures.  I work with Arnel for the Arnel Pineda Foundation for Street Kids, the program he began a few years ago to offer education and healthcare for the children living in the streets of the Philippines.  Isn't it wonderful that the first thing Arnel did when he reached success was to immediately start giving to those in need?  You see, Arnel was once a child living on the streets.  Truly a remarkable human being.