Vickie Hines About Vickie Hines Mrs. Southern States International 2013 Sponsors of Vickie Hines Contact Vickie Hines Image Map

Thursday, May 31, 2012

American Heart Association Heart Walk

As of today's date, the International Pageant team is in 2nd place out of the top 100 teams for over all funds raised, and for overall funds raised by an individual for the entire Heart Walk, I am in 1st place!  My fund raising efforts are in honor of  my husband's and my family members who have passed away or are survivors of heart disease.  Billy lost his dad due to a massive heart attack, and my daddy, mother and brother are survivors.  Five years ago, I under went tests and was placed on heart medication.  I am happy to report that due to answered prayers, a change in my diet and more exercise, I no longer have to take any heart medication, and just one month ago, I was given another clean bill of health from my heart doctor.  Thank goodness for the American Heart Association and all the wonderful employees and volunteers who are helping advance the detection and treatment of heart disease.