Vickie Hines About Vickie Hines Mrs. Southern States International 2013 Sponsors of Vickie Hines Contact Vickie Hines Image Map

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

All that is pageantry..............

My mom purchased a set of Child Craft books when I was ten years old.  Included in the set was a book of famous fairy tales.  I read the book through, countless times.  I love fairy tales.  The stories are alive with characters, beautiful places, magnificent castles and happy endings.  Consequently, I have always loved pageantry.  Make no mistake, the princesses aka contestants, work to earn the right to compete and have a heart to serve others rather than be served, but during the pageant itself, for those few hours, a great fairy tale unfolds, complete with the crowning of a new queen.  To write a great fairy tale, the writer must be an artist who can create with words a beautiful and thought provoking story that will appeal to the heart of the reader, and so it is with pageantry.  The art and beauty of the Mrs. International Pageant and its queens appeal to my heart.  I applaud them.